CHOOSE PROGRAM CATEGORY
The Master of Science in Business Leadership and Healthcare Administration (MSBLHA) at ALSS is a leadership graduate program of study designed to develop skills for effective leadership and business in healthcare administration in a rapidly changing, healthcare domain.
Effective leadership is essential to the success of any endeavor in healthcare domain. Healthcare sector needs valuable leaders who can identify, promote, and accomplish goals and objectives. In this context, MSBLHA students will have the opportunity to gain the most recent knowledge from the leadership, business, and healthcare administration, incorporated in this program, and become more aware of their own strengths, attitudes, and behaviors, and the effects they have on others as leaders.
The MSBLHA program also provides individuals currently in or seeking leadership positions with the conceptual and analytical skills necessary for successful leadership, business, and healthcare administration. This program reflects our commitment to promoting community service, personal growth, conducting research and evidence based training opportunities for students.
Upon completion of this degree, you should be able to:
- Develop a greater understanding of the range of perspectives about leadership and business in healthcare administration.
- Think critically, strategically and reflectively.
- Become prepared as a leader to be more discerning about how you enact the role of leader in politics.
- Communicate effectively.
- Increase your awareness in terms of your own strengths as a leader.
- Better understand the role that emotional intelligence plays in leadership.
- Apply leadership skills – Learn about traditional and contemporary leadership theories, different leadership models, and how to effect change in an organization.
- Better appreciate which areas should be further developed to improve as a leader.
- Be aware of the range of choice available in the enactment of the leadership role.
- Gain a greater ability to choose effective outcomes for your own learning and development.
- Increase your sensitivity to the many issues leaders face in variety of political contexts.
- Increase in your capacity to assist in leadership change initiatives, both from a theoretical and experiential standpoint.
- Deepen your knowledge in financial and managerial accounting.
- Gain a better understanding of risk management in health services.
- Better understand marketing management in healthcare.
- Increase your sensitivity to marketing management in healthcare.
- Mange conflicts and to negotiate successfully.
- Conduct research in the domain of leadership and business in healthcare administration – Interpret and apply research findings to ensure effective political performance.
- Make decisions using evidence-based methods.
- Introduction to Leadership / Management Theory: Leadership Style; Self-Leadership Assessment and Development (10 ECTS)
- Leadership / Management Challenge: Leadership Change and Development; Decision-Making (10 ECTS)
- *Leadership / Management and Strategic Thinking: Creativity and Innovation; Conflict Managementand Negotiations (10 ECTS)
- Leadership / Management and Emotional Intelligence (10 ECTS)
- Leadership Ethics and Human Resource Management (10 ECTS)
- Financial and Managerial Accounting; Risk Management in Health Services (10 ECTS)
- Marketing Management (10 ECTS)
- Quality Improvement in Healthcare Organization (10 ECTS)
- *Leadership / Management / Business Research Methods and Statistics (10 ECTS)
- Research Project/Thesis (30 ECTS)
* =1 week in CH
Total 120 ECTS
All applicants should submit the following documents per E-mail or per Post:
- CV with photo
- Completed Application Form
- 1 copy of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and transcripts
- 2 letters of recommendation
- 2 passport-size photos
- Copy of passport
- Bank letter certifying the applicant’s financial solvency
- CHF 200 non-refundable application fee. Please attach a check, money order or receipt for a bank transfer payable to ALSS. Please contact the ALSS for the exact bank account number to which the fee should be sent.
- Proof of English fluency: We do not require any formal testing such as the TOEFL but students must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
Go to fill the